Dr. Laura Chackes, Licensed Psychologist and BFRB expert, lead this one-hour webinar for therapists who want to gain confidence in recognizing body-focused repetitive behaviors (BFRBs) in your clients and providing evidence-based, effective treatment.
This training is for you if:
- You’re a mental health therapist or prescriber who’d like to be able to identify when a client is struggling with a BFRB (because if you have at least 20 clients it’s likely that at least one has a BFRB)
- You know a lot or absolutely nothing about BFRBs (all will gain some new insights)
- You’re unsure of whether you should treat a client with a BFRB, and if so, which treatment approaches are most effective
In this webinar you'll learn:
- What BFRBs are and the truth behind common myths about BFRBs.
- Which treatment approaches are evidence-based and most effective.
- How the key to relief from the suffering BFRBs cause is actually the opposite of what most people think.
*Live webinar was recorded, so upon registering you will gain instant access to the recording.
You can also earn 1 CEU for just $5 after attending watching the recording and completing a brief survey after. Look for link to sign up for CEU after you complete this registration.
Laura Chackes is a Licensed Psychologist and the owner of The Center for Mindfulness & CBT, a mental health and wellness center in Creve Coeur, Missouri. Dr. Chackes has specialized in treating BFRBs, OCD, and anxiety disorders for the past 18 years. She has developed an effective treatment protocol for BFRBs using mindfulness, cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), habit reversal training (HRT), and other evidence-based approaches. She has successfully helped hundreds of children, teens, and adults live a life free from the suffering caused by their BFRBs. She is passionate about spreading awareness of these disorders, and teaching therapists, parents, and educators how to recognize and support those with BFRBs.